Finance Officer, broad and varied stand alone role, Northampton, £24,000 – £26,000 + Study support
An exciting permanent opportunity for an AAT qualified or part qualified ACCA/CIMA to join this fast growing and fast moving business as Finance Officer.
As this will be a stand alone role in finance, you will have complete control of the accounting function up to extended trial balance, working closely with the company’s appointed external accountants and the Directors of the business.
As Finance Officer, you will have responsibility for:
* Managing the day to day accounting operations across the business
* Recording all day to day financial transactions, completing the posting process and updating all relating spreadsheets
* Processing sales and suppliers’ invoices including credits, receipts and payments
* Processing expenses / credit card transactions
* General Ledger, Month End and bank reconciliations
* Preparing and Posting Journals
* Production and submission of VAT returns and EU VAT reclaims, dealing with any HMRC queries
* Production of Monthly Management reports and Year End preparation for submission to accountants
* Process Manage and submit Monthly Payroll and Pension
* As you can see, this is a very varied, interesting and hands on role, which will require experience of all the above financial aspects, knowledge of Sage accounting software and strong Excel skills.
The company has impressive and ambitious plans for growth and as such they are looking for someone who is equally keen to develop personally within this role and the business, and to build the finance function as and when required, including the recruitment, training and management of additional team members in time. This is a rare opportunity to join an organisation at a critical point on its journey and take ownership of the finance piece form the ground floor and share in the success of their progress as your experience evolves and their plans fall in to place.
If this sounds like an interesting challenge that you are ready to embrace and run with, then please send your application with an up to date CV as soon as possible.
Salary: £22000 – £26000/annum Study Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.