Finance Manager – Luxury Country House Hotel – Cotswolds Market Town in Wiltshire – to £34,000
* Luxury Country House Hotel near Malmesbury
* Excellent reputation
* Start date March 2021
* 5 days per week (40 hours)
* Salary to £34,000 per year (dependant on experience)
* Cotswolds – Wiltshire Finance Jobs
* Finance Manager Jobs
* Account Manager Jobs
Rhubarb Hospitality Recruitment is looking for a Finance Manager for a Luxury Country House Hotel situated in a beautiful Cotswold market town near Malmesbury in Wiltshire and located within easy access (max 40 minutes’ drive) of Bristol, Bath, Swindon and Cheltenham.
The hotel is privately owned and enjoys excellent reviews across all parts of the business which includes 30+ individually designed luxury bedroom suits, wedding and events suits, restaurant, bar and meeting rooms.
The Finance Manager will be hands-on responsible for delivery of the property’s day-to-day financial management including:
* Accounts Payable & cash disbursements
* Accounts Receivable/Collections
* Daily revenue balancing and recording
* Preparation of monthly financial reporting and distribution of operating P&Ls
* Monthly VAT reconciliation and reporting
* Monthly balance sheet reconciliations/bank reconciliation
* Payroll processing
* New hire/termination processing
* Participation in preparing monthly/quarterly forecasts
* Ensuring the proper function and maintenance of the hotel’s financial SOPs, providing the data necessary for all required accounting reports and statements, and maintaining an effective control of the assets of the hotel.
* Supporting the Senior team, HODs, GM and Owners by providing financial analysis, insight and commentary to ensure the financial dimension of all operations are fully understood, and decision making guided, to optimise the financial results of the hotel.
This is a hands-on 1 person department role without support from junior accounts staff and so applicants should expect to work both on the ground delivering on the day to day accounting duties noted above but to form part of the Senior Management team; with responsibility for being the fiscal eye that can continually analyse the big picture and acts as fiscal mentor for the management team.
* Organized and skilled in Excel
* Personable and with good communication skills. Position requires communicating and working directly with the Hotel management team
* Comfortable with deadlines
* Comfortable being the financial mentor/specialist to the management team
* Honesty and integrity and strong understanding of the confidentiality of both financial and personnel information
* Ideally hotel/resort/restaurant experience
* Knowledge of Guestline PMS/ePOS and payescape software is helpful but not necessary
* Reports to the Corporate Director of Finance, and with a ‘dotted’ line to the Hotel General Manager
The ideal candidate would be resourceful and efficient with an outstanding eye for detail. They must have previous senior Accounts Office experience, ideally in a hotel or hospitality-based business. They should be a team player with good communication skills, hands-on and analytical in approach. Core company values include dependability, generosity, integrity, respectfulness, creativity, passion and great hospitality. Candidates with similar cores values will flourish within this business.
Salary is to £34,000 dependent on experience.
Hours are 5 days & 40 hours per week
Covid note: Currently the hotel is closed in-line with government orders. Interviews will take place initially via Zoom/Microsoft teams and onsite meetings will respect social distancing and protection measures. It should be noted that start date for this position is mid to late March however in the instance where lockdown continues for a period beyond this time then it is possible (depending on the expected further extension of lockdown) that the salary and hours of the contract may be temporarily reduced to 80% to reflect the equivalent of any national furlough scheme in place.
Thanks for reading!
Salary: £32000 – £34000/annum Negotiable
Job Type: Permanent
Location: SN16, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.