Apex Engineering Solutions are currently recruiting for experienced time-served Mechanical Fitters. You will be based in the clients Essex branch and cover an array of sites and installation across the U.K, main scope of work within the South East but not limited to.
You must have experience within the heavy engineering sectors, good rotating equipment knowledge and hands on skills and abilities. Scope is to maintain, repair, and overhaul various equipment assets such as pumps, turbines, valves, gearbox, conveyors, and coolers etc.
* Mechanical repairs and maintenance to rotating equipment such as large turbines, pumps, BFW multi-stage. Additionally, auxiliary and BOP equipment such as gearboxes, coolers, conveyors and valves etc.
* Perform mechanical maintenance; proficient in the use of measuring equipment such as micrometres, DTI’s, and alignment tooling.
* To mechanically undertake and complete Workshop and Field Service activities inclusive of reporting detailing findings, condition assessments, critical tolerances, actions taken and recommendations.
* Fault finding and diagnosis of mechanical equipment associated with the heavy engineering sectors, working on a variety of rotating machines, balance of plant and auxiliary systems.
* Conduct defect repairs and routine maintenance on mechanical equipment for commercial and heavy industry machinery and ancillary equipment
* Working independently to identify and resolve faults and concerns on mechanical systems without receiving explicit direction.
* When required assist and lead planned projects and outages as directed by peers.
* Effectively manage work schedule.
Skills & Qualifications
* Mechanical time-served and indentured to ONC & HNC, NVQ, or equivalent qualifications.
* Able to communicate in a clear, concise, logical manner both verbally and written.
* Fault finding, repair, installation and commissioning experience.
* Good customer service skills.
* A full driving license, preferably clean.
* Be self-motivated to work individually but adaptable to work as part of a team.
* Have a good level of fitness due to the physical demands of the job.
* Be able to pass security clearances.
* Flexibility to work away from home when needed.
* Have relevant knowledge, training and experience within heavy engineering sectors specific to the requirements under roles and responsibilities.
* £30,000 to £40,000 inclusive of travel [depending on qualifications and experience].
* Company van fully kitted out + fuel card.
* 28 days Annual holidays + statutory/ bank holidays.
* 40-hour week during normal office hours Monday – Friday.
* Out of hours call outs (1 in 4) will be a part of this role.
* Vehicle, uniform, PPE, mobile phone and tools will be provided.
* Uncapped overtime structure.
* Statutory Pension Scheme.
* Training and Development Opportunities.
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency
Salary: £30000 – £40000/annum plus excellent benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wickford, Essex
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.