About our client
Our client is a major international and multidisciplinary construction company with revenues of 2.5bn Euros, Headquartered in Paris (France) and employing over 12,000 staff in 16 countries. They specialise in development and delivery of key infrastructure projects across the globe such as bridges, roads, railways, fiber optic networks, cultural, social and educational living spaces. For the design, construction and deployment of fiber optic and telecoms networks They specialise in the implementation of the supporting underground infrastructure. Our client is one of the major players contributing to the implementation of the France Very High-Speed internet plan.
Our client is Headquartered in London where we currently employ around 70 staff working on several infrastructure projects across the country. They operate an accredited ISO 9001/ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 quality management system. All of their projects are managed and delivered within this Framework with responsibility for monitoring and compliance falling within the auspices of our UK Operations Director and UK Head of SHEQ
Our client and Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (LCRCA) have entered into a Joint Venture agreement to Finance, Design, Build, Operate and Maintain a High Capacity Fiber Telecoms network. The network will connect all 6 local authority areas in the Liverpool Region, 23 public sector buildings, 29 business parks, 6046 private companies and 221 mobile operator connection points (4G & 5G), delivering Gigabit internet connectivity across the region.
Our client are responsible for the design, construction and commissioning of the Network which extends over 211 km through all 6 local authority areas in the Liverpool Region. This opportunity creates over 20 new full-time roles within the company.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Design Manager reports to the Programme Manager:
* To lead and coordinate the work of the design office.
* To put the processes and procedures in place for all aspects of design assurance and validation.
To put in place the processes and procedures to enable the management, control and reporting of progress in respect of the Design Function and its Key Performance Indicators.
MISSION & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for setting the design programme, ensuring the design function is adequately resourced. Lead the design team, mentor, coach and constructively review the performance of the design staff.
* Work in close coordination with the engineering and field personnel to deliver the project within the budget and stipulated time frame. Responsible for taking care of the schedules, budgets and project criteria for the entire network design.
* To represent the Project for all matters pertaining to design at meetings with the Client, the local authorities, and highways agency. Responsible for presenting Designs for approval on time and ensuring the approvals process is transparent, effective and efficient.
* Provide technical expertise in drawing production work such as analysis, fiber optic network design, Sizing and dimensioning, topology layout, fiber splice plans, cable duct and routing.
* To step in, manage and rectify any complex issues related to permits, approvals and other matters that may affect the project delivery and that require escalation to resolve.
* Responsible for putting in place a procedure to monitor and record design data input for the Key Performance Indicators that support the monthly project performance and progress reports.
* Respects and enforces the Group’s Quality, Safety and Environment (QSE) instructions delivering “Safe By Design”
For this position, the ideal candidate should have the following skills, experience and knowledge:
* Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecoms Design or related field.
* Proven and successful track record (5+ years) in a leadership and/or management role for a Fibre Optic Network Design office/project.
* Deep understanding of FTTH related: technology, architecture, design, planning, and engineering aspects
* Knowledge of CAD and CAD software
* Design principles, industry standards, and installation practices.
* Detailed knowledge of the construction site and construction methods
* Understand budgetary control and resource allocation procedures.
* Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
* Excellent written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Good interpersonal and time management and proven stakeholder management skills.
* Excellent organisation and problem-solving.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
* Previous Highways/Street works experience
* Knowledge of Liverpool Local Authority areas and geography
* Project Management
TERMS & CONDITIONS
* Job based in UK (North West)
* Competitive Salary based on experience
* Attractive benefits package
* Hours of work will be those contractual hours of the managing location (40 working hours per week).
* Holidays entitlement: 25 days
Salary: £60000 – £65000/annum 8% bonus,5% pension,car, healthcar
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.