The AICS Group: Our company specialises in providing community-based rehabilitation and support to clients who suffered a brain injury.
The role: The main focus of the work is supporting the client with school runs (including driving her to school and home); dressing, some assistance with personal care and mobilising; implementing therapy guidelines into her daily activities; facilitating engagement in therapy sessions and supporting the client with age appropriate activities (play) in her home environment.
Work hours: The support hours consist of two shift patterns: 14:30 to 21:00 (school run and home support), 21:00 – 10:00 (21:30 – 07:00 sleep-in shift, 07:00 – 10:00 school run).
Client: Our client is in her early teens and she lives in Kingston upon Thames with her parents and younger sibling.
The ideal Rehabilitation Support Worker is required to:
* Have experience working with children with atypical development
* Have the ability to build a good rapport with children
* Be highly energetic and motivated
* Have the skills to positively engage and motivate the client in her rehabilitation and day to day activities
* Have the ability to follow and implement therapy guidelines
* Have the ability to work alongside a wider professional team and family members
* Be responsible
* Be reliable
* Be an excellent communicator
* Be a driver and be willing to drive the client
* Be able to commit to either or both shift patterns
* Live locally or within a reasonable a driving distance
* Have experience in ABI (Acquired Brain Injury) Rehabilitation
* BSc or BA in Psychology or any qualification in a related field
* Experience of providing support to people living in the community
* Experience working with children with quadruple cerebral palsy
Rewards what you get in addition:
• Competitive pay rates
• Mandatory Training (T&C)
• Brain Injury Training
• We offer training based on clients’ needs and requirements
• Opportunity to work with other clients
Salary: £11 – £13/hour
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Kingston upon Thames, Greater London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.