Based: Stourbridge, West Midlands
£13-14.50 per hour (depending on experience) + overtime + allowances / expenses when on site
Benefits including 32 days holidays (including statutory days), free parking on site, pension scheme & death in service benefit
Our Client is a well-established business who specialise in the design, manufacture and build of conveyor systems. With a range of products applicable to a number of industries, their turnkey solutions add opportunities to exceed global standards, whether in a small family-owned business or a large international corporation.
Due to their continued success, they now wish to recruit an additional skilled fabricator welder to join their shop floor team. In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for relevant fabrication techniques & processes in the manufacture of projects in accordance to the engineering drawings / build plan and works schedule.
Responsibilities will include:-
• Reading and understanding engineering drawings
• Ability to fabricate a variety of bespoke fabrications / components in stainless and mild steel,consisting of sheet material (minimum 1.5mm thickness), plate, flat, bar, box section, etc. using both TIG & MIG welding practices under safe and relevant welding techniques.
• Produce high quality, bespoke machinery using most up to date and relevant manufacturing techniques and equipment
• Site work, including installation, commissioning, servicing and maintenance (around 5%)
• Able to use other machinery including guillotine, mitre saw, drills (pedestal & power) and hand tools
• Assist in quality and inspection of client equipment prior to next stage of production
• Raise manufacture queries and assist, if required, in their resolution
• Maintain H&S and quality standards, including PPE, of their own work and as part of a team
• Accurate completion of all paperwork, including timesheets, stock control sheets, site reports etc
• Working safely in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
Suitable candidates should possess the following:-
• Experience of fabrication work in an engineering environment
• Experience of TIG and MIG welding techniques
• Experience of working in a highly regulated industry such as food, pharmaceuticals etc would be a definite advantage
• Flexibility to undertake overtime where needed (paid at enhanced rates)
• Flexibility to occasionally travel to sites around the UK and internationally, sometimes at short notice (allowances and expenses paid)
• Full driving licence (use of company vehicle when travelling to site is provided)
• Full UK Passport (to enable international site work)
• FLT Licence would be an advantage, or the willingness to train
• Experience of using an overhead crane, or the willingness to train
• Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Able to work as part of a team and also by yourself
• Professional attitude, able to represent the company well when on site
• Good basic understanding of IT systems in a manufacturing environment, or willingness to learn.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7am-3.30pm (40 hours per week), with overtime at time 1/3, time ½ and double time when requested. Please note that this role includes mandatory off-site working which is project dependent and can include overnight stays (generally 1-3 days) and will be on average a total of 3-6 weeks over a 12 month period.
This is an opportunity to work in a permanent role, with excellent benefits, in a company which is growing year on year.
Interested? Please email your CV using the link provided. Candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted for telephone / video interview.
Please also note that a trade test and a health assessment will be part of the interview process for this role.
Salary: £13 – £14.50/hour + Overtime + Expenses + Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Stourbridge, Dudley
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.