Our client based in Solihull (Birmingham) are a rapidly expanding Time Critical Logistics specialists moving Automative parts across the UK, Europe and worldwide via Dedicated Vehicles of varying sizes, Air Charter and On-board Courier.
Due to expansion our client is now looking for a new experienced European Time Critical Logistics Transport Operative to join their Birmingham team who will need to speak Polish, Latvian, Slovakian or Romanian.
Hours of work Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Purpose of Role :
– To organise transport and logistics by road and air globally in an efficient and effective manner, including the monitoring of job progress and giving/receiving customer updates.
– To meet client requirements within budgetary and operational restrictions to ensure a suitable profit for the company is made.
– To build strong, productive relationships with clients to ensure business objectives are achieved.
Key Job Responsibilities
– Act professionally and in line with our clients procedures in relation to dealings with clients and contractors.
– Ensure that services are delivered as agreed.
– Maintain the required record keeping to ensure the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all transport activities.
– Ensure each project is administered properly, including compiling the file and any legal documents.
– Ensure all contracting agreements are accurate and legally compliant.
Monitoring and Quoting
– Monitor and provide quotations for incoming requests relating to all modes of transport and logistics by road & air.
– Inputting of jobs electronically.
– Forwarding of transport orders.
– Act as the liaison point between all parties to ensure that the client expectation is met.
– Be pro-active in identifying potential problems and develop contingency plans to provide solutions.
– Encourage and maintain good communication between all parties.
Group Policies and Procedures (Business Intelligence, Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal)
– To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
– At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimised through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary Board of Directors.
– Maintain an active interest and up to date, detailed knowledge of the transport and logistics market.
– To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
– To travel when required in line with business needs.
– Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
– Participate in the on-call duty rota within the operations team.
Salary: £25000/annum 25 Days Holiday, Pension, review
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.