Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for an EMC Specialist (NATO JEWCS – Verification Strategy) to support the ITEA (Integrated Test Evaluation and Acceptance) and V&V activities on the NATO JEWCS programme.
This role is based on an initial 13-week contract at our Christchurch site in Dorset. This role is remote working for the foreseeable future.
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As an EMC Specialist on NATO JEWCS, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or engineering related discipline.
* Solid and proven understanding of the EMC/EMI aspects of complex system integration, validation, verification, qualification, acceptance programmes and aircraft trials.
* Extensive EMC/EMI testing experience.
* Knowledge of the full system engineering and product development lifecycle.
* Industry experience within aerospace, electronic warfare or aviation with a knowledge of AS9100D would be highly desirable.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to team members, customers and management.
* Proven ability to handle project change.
* Awareness of Cost and Schedule planning.
* Awareness of configuration and change management
* All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
As an EMC Specialist (NATO JEWCS – Verification Strategy) your main responsibilities will involve:
* Ownership of and management of the EMC/EMI requirements for multiple pod programmes, variants and equipment.
* Planning for and executing test programmes for each pod against the applicable EMC/EMI requirements.
* Pre-compliance EMC/EMI testing where required through applying previous knowledge of compliance issues.
* Generation of reasoned arguments to sell off non-test EMC/EMI requirements through qualification by analysis. Examples include but not limited to HERO, HERF, HERP and LEMP.
* Assessment of opportunities to consolidate and optimise testing methodologies across similar products and systems.
* In depth knowledge of the application of EMC/EMI standards including but not limited to AECTP-250/500, RTCA DO160G, JSP 482, STANAG 1380 and STANAG 2345.
* Generation of high quality documentation in accordance with engineering processes (SOF-E).
* Generation of EMC/EMI Test Procedures and Reports.
* Providing guidance to the projects on aspects of “Design for EMC/EMI” to ensure compliant products.
* Support to Security, EM and ITEA working groups with the customer and end user.
This EMC Specialist’s role is available via Umbrella or a PAYE engagement model
If you are interested in applying for this EMC Specialist’s position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Job Type: Contract, Temporary
Location: Wimborne Minster, Dorset
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.