Electrical Systems Design Engineer sought to join a dynamic, fast-paced Design team which thrives on its culture of new product development and designing of bespoke and custom solutions for the recreational marine environment.
You will be involved in the complete life-cycle responsible for bespoke hydraulic, 3 phase motor & DC motor control systems for a range of products including: specification, costing, design, commissioning and fault finding on installed systems.
· New product development – Design electric and electronic controls for high-volume products.
· Produce the best solutions, to tight cost margins and on time.
· Improve functionality and reduce cost on new and existing systems wherever possible.
· Managing multiple R&D and design projects running concurrently.
· Researching subjects outside of current experience/ capabilities to produce an informed
decision and action.
· Whilst the position demands electrical design experience, electronics design experience will be greatly advantageous.
· The role will be very hands-on, and a suitable applicant must be able to build prototypes and solutions where required.
Key Experience Required
· 3 phase and DC control systems design
· Confident in fault finding and commissioning electrical control systems
· PLC & HMI programming
· Ability to read hydraulic system schematics
· Electronics and PCB layout design
· Ability to read electronic circuit diagrams and PCB fault-find to component level
· Ability to build prototype electronic circuits
· Microcontroller programming & debugging
· Understanding of CANbus networks and protocols
Other specifics for the role:
+ Holidays – 25 days plus bank holidays
+ Contributory pension after 3-month probation period
+ Contribution to eye tests and glasses
+ Free on-site car parking
Are you the unicorn I am seeking? If so please get in touch.
Salary: £38000 – £48000/annum contributory pension,
Job Type: Permanent
Location: PO9, Havant, Hampshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.