Purpose and Role
– Responsible for the production of mechanical engineering drawings under the supervision of the Lead Draughtsperson, Principal or Senior Mechanical Engineers.
Key Aims & Objectives
– Production of engineering drawings compliant with BS 8888 and other relevant BS/ISO standards.
– Detail design of engineering designs to ensure design for manufacture and design for assembly is captured.
– Support the checking of engineering drawings.
– With the Lead Draughtsperson, provide feedback and training to other engineers with respect to best practice draughting techniques and methods.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
– To produce high-quality engineering drawings, compliant with BS 8888.
– Support Design Engineers during the detail design phase, ensuring proper application of tolerances, limits and fits etc.
– Capture and convey design intent on manufacturing drawings.
– Gain insight and knowledge of the supply chain to ensure manufacturing capabilities are reflected in the detail designs.
– When required, support the Lead Draughtsperson or other Engineers in the checking of engineering drawings.
– Support the Lead Draughtsperson in the application and update of the Draughting Manual and draughting related procedures.
– The ability to be a hands-on SolidWorks design asset if, and when, required.
– Assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
– Demonstrable track record in the production of engineering drawings for a range of components, fabrications, and assemblies.
– Able to produce very high-quality engineering drawings in a fast-paced environment.
– Excellent knowledge of conventional manufacturing techniques i.e. machining, sheet metal, fabrication.
– GD&T experience covering.
o Appropriate datum selection and hierarchy
o Correct selection of geometric tolerances
o Application of maximum and minimum material conditions with respect to geometrical tolerancing
– Experienced Solidworks user, preferably using PDM.
– Strong working knowledge of BS 8888 and other relevant standards.
– A keen eye for detail, with high professional standards.
– Experience working within highly regulated industry, preferably with experience within an ISO 9001 environment.
– HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
– Desirable experience from highly regulated industries.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.