If you are friendly, conscientious and interested in working within a busy and diverse team of Catering Assistants, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for people who are positive, enthusiastic, able to build good relationships with all staff groups, and who are able to communicate in an effective manner.
Shifts will be available at all our main hospital sites –Cramlington, Hexham, Haltwhistle and Berwick Infirmary. Please state in your application form which site(s) you are interested in.
Various shift patterns are available to cover staff absence and holidays. These shift patterns may include working evenings, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays. Any shifts undertaken during these times will receive an enhanced payment.
The main duties of the role involve:
• The preparation and dispatch of meals
• Service of food in ward areas
• Service of food in the Dining Room and associated areas and preparation of sandwiches, hot snacks and beverages where applicable.
• Operating the central dish wash machine, cleaning, drying and checking of the staff/ward crockery and cutlery.
• Checking food temperature levels
• Receipting and checking orders from suppliers
• The cleaning and re-stacking of vending machines.
• Operation of the Staff Dining Room cash register.
• Cleaning of catering areas and equipment to the required standard.
• Ensures compliance with the Food Hygiene Policy and the Codes of Practice.
Full training will be provided.
The essential requirements of this role are:
• Basic Food Hygiene and/or Level 1 Food Safety Certificate or must be achieved within 6 months of start date
• Basic Numerate & Literate Skills
• Knowledge of COSHH
• Knowledge of infection prevention and control
You will also need to have:
* Vaccinations/immunisation requirements (would it be MMR, Varicella, TB, Hep B REFERENCE 3 YEAR + (Cover gaps in employment if any)
* Shift work Days (Apply online only)/Nights (Apply online only) + Overtime available
* Online training provided
Please ensure that you demonstrate you meet these requirements in your application form or you will not be shortlisted.
Pin Point Health and Homecare reserve the right to amend this Job description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing.
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your Cv via the apply button or contact Lauren at our Gateshead office.
Salary: £10 – £14/hour
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Cramlington, Northumberland
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.