Digital & Technology Officer
Harrogate, North Yorkshire (Temporarily Remote)
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created.
As such, we are looking for a Digital & Technology Officer to join our team and support the delivery of our digital and technology activities.
– Salary of £24,000 – £30,000 per annum
– Pension scheme
– Private medical insurance
– 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with service to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
– Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you have a strong understanding of the digital and technology landscape, this is an exciting opportunity to progress your IT career with a charity that is committed to saving lives in Yorkshire.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Digital & Technology Officer, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As a Digital & Technology Officer, you will support the implementation of our digital and technology projects, ensuring we have the tools and ability to deliver against our strategy.
Reporting to the Digital & Technology Manager, you will help to administer and deliver the digital roadmap, co-ordinate (and occasionally lead) the delivery of projects and support departments across the charity to take full advantage of the benefits of technology.
Some of your duties will include:
– Providing IT support to employees, ensuring issues are resolved in line with SLAs
– Preparing documentation and papers for project meetings
– Carrying out some analysis, stakeholder management and project management activities
– Obtaining quotes for hardware and software
– Helping to promote lean, iterative, collaborative, matrix and user-centric planning and working practices
To join us as a Digital & Technology Officer, you will need:
– Experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
– An understanding of the digital and technology landscape
– Excellent communication skills
– A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
Experience of managing relationships with third parties would be beneficial, as would experience of working with digital tools or services. Exposure to project management (particularly digital) or delivery environments would also be an advantage, as would an understanding of digital transformation.
Other organisations may call this role IT Support Engineer, Digital and Technology Officer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Project Co-ordinator, Digital Project Officer, or Technical Project Co-ordinator.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Digital & Technology Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 21st October 2020
The charity is a responsible and flexible employer and an individual’s circumstances would be considered and balanced against the needs of the charity. We welcome any discussions for flexible working at interview/offer stage.
Salary: £24000 – £30000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.