Location: Westbury although there is an opportunity to conduct much of the work remotely.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a range of software engineering and system administration tasks. The core responsibilities will be:
* Developing and testing new software features
* Providing server and database administration
* Monitoring the software build and deployment pipeline
* Providing second-line support including troubleshooting and resolving any application issues in a timely manner
* Communicating on a daily basis with key internal stakeholders
* Experience in working within an Agile-based DevOps environment
* Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
* Experience of fault finding web-based, database technologies and complimentary operating systems
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Practical knowledge of Jira
* System and software design (e.g. UML, SysML)
* Expérience in testing systems including web services
* Practical experience in using scripts to automate processes (e.g. Powershell)
* Web Server administration and configuration (e.g. Apache Tomcat, WildFly)
* Practical experience in using the Hibernate framework
* Experience in using and administrating relational databases (e.g. Oracle SQL)
* Regular use of message-based middleware and protocols, e.g. (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, REST, SOAP)
* Experience with Hyper-V and/or VMware
* Practical knowledge of Windows and Windows Server administration.
The DevOps Engineer role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance.
Salary: £32000 – £40000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Westbury, Wiltshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.