A client of ours, a major Design & Build contractor, are urgently seeking an experienced Design Manager to join them on a Permanent basis. They are currently delivering infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
will be responsible for the production and management of designs for Process / Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominantly for Capital Maintenance in the water industry.
What you’ll be doing day to day
* Working alongside the Head of Design to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications.
* To provide outline and detailed engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising their design partners, in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel.
* Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel. A key requirement is the ability to determine the actual operational requirement and propose appropriate solutions.
* To ensure scheme designs are value engineered, whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
* To lead and promote innovation, challenging their Clients, design partners and the supply chain to ensure cost effectiveness in both their design solutions and all design activities.
* To line manage the Regional Design Team
* To mentor and develop the Design Leads (as applicable), and Design Engineers.
* To prepare financial budgets and programmes for design activities.
* To prepare tender documentation, quotations, and contracts in conjunction with the Project Delivery team and Business Development Manager
* To ensure all design work is completed to agreed programmes and financial budgets.
* Ascertain preliminary and detailed design / project requirements and solutions.
* To provide outline and detailed engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising their design partners, in-house resces, site installation and construction personnel.
* Liaison with client’s engineering staff or where applicable their design consultants to ensure designs are approved in accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract.
* Attend internal and external design reviews and where applicable progress meetings.
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
An industry applicable B.Eng
Chartered Engineer (preferred)
Knowledge of water and sewage treatment processes including Chemical Dosing process.
Experienced in managing a team of professional engineers
Commercial and contractual awareness
Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What they can offer you
Company car / Car allowance
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Holiday trading scheme
A fully comprehensive benefits package
5% enhanced pension contribution
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Plymouth, Devon
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.