One of our fantastic clients are looking to add a Design Engineer to their great close knit team!
The main purpose of the role is to design and develop products that meet customer, stakeholder and regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Design and develop products in accordance with businesses processes that comply with customer, stakeholder and regulatory requirements.
– Generate accurate equipment and component drawings to the required level of detail, tolerancing and information to support manufacturing process, approval and customer requirements.
– Create product data including technical specifications, technical construction files, bills of material and bills of process.
– Execute engineering changes in accordance with business processes.
– Provide internal and external technical support.
– Identifying improvement / cost reduction opportunities and supporting lean and continuous improvement activities.
– Working to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
– Being flexible between processes where appropriate training has been given.
– Provide timely feedback to manager on any technical or quality issues that arise.
– Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system
– Support in the training of new personnel as required
– Adhere to general housekeeping rules and maintain a clean and tidy working environment at all times
– Ensure that all Environmental Health and Safety / Company Policies are adhered to at all times
– Attend departmental meetings as required
– Support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
Core Skills Competencies
– 3 years` experience of working in a product design engineering team within a manufacturing industry.
– Knowledge and understanding of design processes including; New Product Development (NPD), Design for Manufacture (DFM), Design for Service (DFS) and Change Management Control.
– Knowledge and understanding of CE marking including the Machinery Directive and Technical Construction File (FCF) requirements.
– Experience of using design soft packages, preferably Solidworks, 2D Draughting and PDM packages
– Root cause analysis and problem-solving ability.
– Ability to manage multiple design led projects to stringent timescales.
– Good communication & IT skills
– Flexible approach to working hours
– £32,500 – £35,000 pa
– Mon – Fri: 08:30 to 17:00
– 25 days holidays per year.
– Auto enrolment into company pension scheme.
Salary: £32500 – £35000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.