Our client is one of the worlds leading data centre specialists who maintain data centres in the UK, Europe and World Wide. They now have an opportunity for a Shift Leader to join the team on a permanent basis.
* Maintaining and keeping in good repair, the buildings mechanical & electrical systems along with all associated component parts of Data Centres.
* Routine tests, checks and record keeping for all the buildings systems
* Maintain water systems and all records to the highest standard in accordance with L8 Legislation.
* Undertake daily walk rounds of client areas and plant rooms to note and rectify any defects and to maintain Plant rooms in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
* Liaise and arrange sub contractor support and effectively manage and control all sub-contractors, including cleaning.
* To monitor the buildings environmental temperature, humidity, and space conditions and ensuring that they are maintained in accordance with the business requirement
* To monitor and adjust as deemed necessary, the building management systems (BMS) to control the buildings HVAC to optimal levels of efficiency.
* Provide rapid and effective response to customer and helpdesk calls and defects.
* Provide innovative solutions to improve building, plant and system energy efficiency.
* Manage, rectify and record defects through the Help Desk to ensure all are rectified within SLA timeframes.
* Keep the Shift Manager and Operations Manager briefed on all issues and progress.
* Raise hazard, incident and flash reports
* Use the Log Book System to store all records and certification for the site.
* Manage defects to completion; including full investigation, sourcing materials, provision of quotes, raising of Purchase Orders and arrangement of rectification.
They are looking for a shift engineer.
£60,000 to £63,000 + 10% Bonus
4on, 4off, 4on, 6off, 6on, 4off
Overtime Available at 1.5x hourly rate
20 Shift Days Holiday
Cycle to work Scheme
Critical Illness Cover
Life AssuranceThere will also be a great opportunity to progress within supervisory and management positions etc.
To be considered for the post you will need to have relevant electrical qualifications and experience in a similar role carrying out building services maintenance in a critical environment.
City and Guilds, NVQ or equivalent is essential, previous experience with HV in a Data Centre. This job involves the maintenance and upkeep of the building systems, AHUs/ Lighting/Power/UPS/HV/Generators/Cooling systems/BMS/Faultfinding etc. The HV ticket doesn’t necessarily need to be in date.
If you would like to be considered for this incredible job opportunity, apply now online or contact Tarik Bell-Ross on (phone number removed) / (url removed)
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Salary: £60000 – £66000/annum including bonus, + OT, Private Healt
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Slough, Berkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.