Our client is looking for experienced Council Tax Officers to join their team, working remotely, initially for a three-month period.
You will be working in a team to assist providing a customer focused yet efficient and effective service to the council tax department including collection, billing and recovery.
* Monday to Friday 37 hours a week
* Holiday pay paid on top.
* Weekly pay
* May lead to longer term / extension of contract.
* All IT equipment supplied and support to work remotely.
* Friendly team environment
* Administering, collection and recovery of Council Tax, Business Rates and Housing benefits overpayments effectively and accurately, follow all legislation in place.
* Responding and processing all correspondences sin line with information provided by owners, landlords, tenants and other sources.
* Ensuring at all times compliance is followed with the relevant legislation, insisting recovery action for non-payments.
* Dealing with disputes cases and working to find a resolution to these.
* Maintaining schedules and in house systems with case updates and action plans in line with company and government legislation and guidance.
* Offering high levels of customer service and support to the customers you are working with.
* Working with management to meet targets in place.
* Professional Qualification from the IRRV or similar would be highly desirable.
* Previous experience working within a Council Tax / Officer environment
* Strong experience of all aspects of Council Tax billing and collection; these roles will be predominantly dealing with cases reaching liability order stage and beyond so need to be strong in recovery practice.
* Excellent all-round knowledge of Council Rax and Business Rate Legislation as well as rent legalisation and house benefit.
* Confident working with customers within this field, able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as solid negotiation skills to ensure the recovery and resolution of cases.
* Able to work with vulnerable and distressed customers with tact and professionalism.
* Confident using PC based software applications, able to use Word and Excel also
* Highly organised, able to work under pressure and prioritise workloads, able to work to tight deadlines and in line with targets in place
* Team player but able to work efficiently on own initiative.
For full details please submit cv.
Job Type: Contract
Location: Truro, Cornwall
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.