Corporate Buildings Maintenance Manager
*Planned Maintenance Programme* *Corporate and schools* *6 Months plus*
Our client are a Local Council based in North West London who are looking for a qualified Building Surveyor to act as the Buildings Maintenance Manager for their corporate stock, including schools.
The role will also manage a budget of circa £5m including the corporate FM budgets as well as those on behalf of schools.
* Ensure the council’s corporate building stock is properly serviced and kept safe, enabling the continuing provision of services to the community.
* It provides comprehensive suite of services to the Civic Centre, Central Depot, Schools in the FM SLA, other corporate buildings as well as a landlord compliance regime for schools not in the SLA and operates the council’s out-of-hours service.
* Be responsible for FM based building and property related Health and Safety matters across all corporate sites. This includes ensuring fire risk assessments and fire safety strategy.
* To manage the functions so that the services provided are responsive to customer requirements, accessible to all areas of the community and provide value for money.
* Oversee the Building Services team ensuring timely delivery of the full range of SLA to the stakeholders, corresponding to the contractual obligations and corporate policy and governance.
* To motivate, train, develop and performance manage staff to maintain an effective workforce capable of meeting its objectives.
* Lead on the delivery, financial and reporting performance management regime with any contractors,
* Ensure compliance with the Councils Health & Safety policy and safety procedures
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
* Working knowledge of relevant Health, Safety and Welfare legislation and approved Codes of Practices.
* Contract Management of an FM performance regime.
* Experience of monitoring FM contracts.
* Senior managerial experience in a relevant operational environment with management experience of maintenance, asset management, budget control, facilities management, resource management, project management, contract management.
* Negotiation skills, decision making ability in a changing environment, with an ability to manage multiple complex projects to tight deadlines and cost, with high level motivation.
* Qualified Building Surveyor
Please apply with an updated CV
Job Type: Contract, Temporary
Location: HA1, Greenhill, Greater London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.