A fantastic new opportunity has arisen within a global technology centre focussing on New Energy solutions for a Control and Software Engineer.
We are looking for a Control & Software Engineer to assist in the end-to-end delivery of new projects. This includes assisting with specification, design development, design reviews, change management, design risk assessments, implementation, integration, and commissioning.
As a Control and Software Engineer, some of your duties and responsibilities will be:
* Taking responsibility for the delivery of C&S aspects of projects, either individually or as part of a C&S project team.
* Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes
* Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for subassemblies and full electro-mechanical systems
* Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes to reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards
* Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field
* Ensuring that the Health and Safety Policy, hazard and risk analysis, compliance with CDM and any other regulations are adhered to within the scope of work
* Ensuring that the Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to within the scope of work
To be successful in your application, you must have:
* Degree or equivalent in engineering, mechanical, science, or related field of study
* Dedicated experience in the design and implementation of control and software systems
* An excellent understanding of a product lifecycle
* Advanced knowledge of C&S development tools
* Previous experience in delivering projects through all stages
* Proficient knowledge (preferably also experience) in many, of the following areas and be prepared to gain knowledge of the others:
OO Software development (all stages) (preferably C++)
PLC and SCADA development (all stages)
Robotics (Forward/inverse kinematics, trajectory generation, control theory)
Motor drive technologies
Real-time software development and OS usage
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
This is a permanent, full time position and in return you will receive a competitive salary and generous benefits.
If you are seeking a new career move and believe you meet the specified requirements to be a successful Control and Software Engineer please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.