When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
We are recruiting for an experienced Contracts Manager to join our South Midlands Region. Our Contracts Managers have an extremely diverse role, with no two days ever the same. Suiting a strong and motivational leader, you will be tasked with ensuring build programmes across the region are completed to testing financial targets and quality standards whilst constantly monitoring performance, maintaining the highest Health & Safety standards and consistently delivering the best customer service in the business. If you take as much pride in your work as we do, then the opportunity to oversee the complete build process, from pre-site start procedures right through to handover and maintenance should offer a challenging yet rewarding step in your career.
* Ensuring Site Managers are aware of completion targets.
* Monitoring build performance against budget, projection and forecast and identifying reasons for delays, taking action where appropriate.
* Ensuring product quality and development/product presentation meet or exceed the company standards.
* Managing the site construction team, including recruitment, induction, performance appraisals and training & development.
* Ensuring the accurate and timely production of management reports.
* Minimising stock on site and keeping WIP to a minimum.
* Obtaining and retaining a complete up to date knowledge of the market conditions within which the Site Manager operates.
* Monitoring the use of hired plant, ensuring hire periods are kept to a minimum.
* Ensuring all technical queries are resolved with the relevant departments.
* Providing feedback to the Construction Director on practical and/or cost effective solutions.
* Developing working relationships with chosen suppliers, sub-contractors and plant hire companies ensuring the required costs, quality and time requirements are met.
* Ensuring all Health & Safety procedures are met within the site and, where appropriate, off-site.
* Assisting the surveying department in preparing risk assessments, method statements and sub-contractor HSE scoring systems for all trades.
* Ensuring an awareness of all customer satisfaction surveys and investigating sub-standard responses in conjunction with the Construction Director.
* Feeding back information from customers to other departments and implementing and encouraging new systems to maximise efficiencies and in turn profits.
* Regularly reviewing customer snag sheets at inspection, post-completion lists and on-going maintenance lists to implement procedures to limit maintenance.
* Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
* Complying with and upholding legislation and company policies and procedures.
* Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
* Ensuring all health and Safety aspects of Covid-19.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
Full UK driving licence.
Experience in a previous role as a Site Manager/Contracts Manager in the house building industry.
Track record of delivering quality projects to budget and on time.
Excellent negotiation skills.
Strong project management and organisational skills.
Self-motivated and proactive with an enthusiastic work ethic.
* Company Car, Phone and Laptop.
* Bupa Health Care Cover.
* Scottish Widows Pension Scheme.
* 33 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays).
* Group Staff Discount at Triumph Motorcycles ltd.
* Competitive discount on our homes (dependent upon the property and location).
If you feel this vacancy could be your new career path, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: NN4, Rothersthorpe, Northamptonshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.