To £95k + Benefits – Car/Allowance, Pension, Healthcare and Bonus
My client is a leading housebuilder in the Oxfordshire and Thames Valley regions and have a career developing opportunity for an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced Contracts Manager to be responsible for the production, quality and control of multiple schemes spread across the Oxford, Bucks, Berks and Thames Valley regions. You will ideally come from a mixed contracting and development background and have RC frame experience as well as traditional build housing.
– Enforce all health & safety procedures ensuring compliance beyond the standard.
– Control and manage the production teams which will include mentoring, performance management and discipline.
– Motivating the projects teams to perform at the highest possible level.
– Work collaboratively with technical/sales/commercial and customer service managers to drive projects forward and proactively deal with any regional issues to ensure a swift and satisfactory resolution.
– Recruiting and strengthening the production department.
– Ensure projects are working in accordance with company policies/procedures and ISO requirements.
– Enforce strict adherence to the quality process and routinely investigate and interrogate to confirm compliance.
– Monthly Prelim reviews and input into the CVC.
– Challenge design/procurement and construction methods to ensure maximum value and working in line with control documents and budgets.
– To work closely with all members of the site delivery team and supply chain to proactively drive communication and problem solving.
– To organise & control the construction of the development in accordance with the specification provided.
– To ensure construction complies with NHBC and all other statutory authorities.
– Act as an ambassador to the business. Represent the company in a professional manner and establish strong relationships with the key clients.
– Business development and promotion of the company brand.
– Oversee material take offs, scheduling and material control by the project team.
– Work closely with the supply chain and management team to promote a positive and safe culture.
– Handover completed scheme to client on time, to agreed quality standard and budget.
– Produce, distribute and review scheme wide contract and target programmes using ASTA.
– Prepare and host internal team meetings and Client meetings.
– Review weekly safety and quality documentation. Scrutinise and challenge the team to ensure the processes are followed diligently.
– Interrogate and influence designs to facilitate buildability.
– Seek out opportunities for VE through design rationalisation or alternative and more effective building methods.
– Compile subcontractor scopes to ensure robust supply chain packages are produced and cost certainty is established.
– Manage the working environment, sequence and flow to limit abortive works, prevent any deterioration in quality and subsequently control non-recoverable costs.
– Ensure all sites are presented in accordance with the requisite company branding.
– Protect without compromise the best interest of the company.
– Self-motivation, drive and a passion to succeed.
– Compile monthly overview reports for the Regional director
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE (including qualifications):
Self-motivation, drive and passion to succeed are as important as is actual experience in the role.
– Proven success in leading and managing large teams is essential
– Experience in delivering schemes of minimum value £20 million in value.
– Experienced in concrete frame structures with brickwork and clad façades.
– Competent in groundworks and civil engineering.
– Experienced in contracting and social housing developments working for Local Authority and Social Landlord clients.
– Familiar with contracts, cause and effect programming is preferable.
– A proven track record of quality delivery on time is paramount.
– IT literate
– Experience in D&B projects with bespoke designs.
– Proficient in ASTA Power Projects
– First Aid at Work
– CIOB qualification preferable but not mandatory.
– Confident to present to clients, large crowds and audiences.
– Be familiar and competent dealing with high end technically complex designs.
Salary: £85000 – £95000/annum Car Allowance, Healthcare, Pension a
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.