Recruiting for Six Community Support Workers to join our Service in Camden and Islington!
GBP £25,500 (pro-rata) working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This is a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract.
To work in a partnership with Camden and Islington Mental Health Trust to support people in the community working with them for up to 6 weeks to prevent admission by maximising income, reducing debt, improving confidence by using person centred approach. Also to work with Discharge Facilitation Team (DFT) to support customers in the hospital who require support to alleviate social pressures for a successful discharge to their accommodation pathway.
The Community Support Workers roles are new and varied, and it is expected that the candidates will work closely with external parties like the NHS and local council staff. The roles run initially for 6 months, but may be extended. There will be some evening and weekend work.
– Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Contract Manager
– Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
– Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
– Support customers to build confidence in completing domestic tasks where appropriate and teach them the skills required to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
– Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
– Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
– Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive customer records to professional standards
– Ensure that referrals are assessed and screened thoroughly and up to a high standard
– Adhere to Look Ahead’s Policies and Procedures
– Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
– Provide day-to-day instruction & support to your team based on the professional experience/ knowledge you have
– Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
The post holder will need the following skills and experience:
– Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
– Approachable and open behaviour
– Prefers working as part of a group or team
– Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
– Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
– Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
– Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
– Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
– Is essentially customer-focused
– Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
– Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
– Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Job Type: Contract
Location: Camden, London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.