Rate: £300 – £400 per day, depending on experience – In scope of IR35
Term: 6 months contract initially
“Our client is a well-established Nationwide Rail company whose professionalism and well-respected name have been instrumental in their success. They provide an exceptional service to their customers and are focused on continually improving this”.
They are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to work on delivering the plain line and track renewals. You will be working on alliance partner costs and applications.
* 5 years’ experience in commercially managing investment projects
* Educated to degree standard in related subject
* Experience working will alliances
* Membership of a relevant professional institute, chartered status
* Good understanding of railway and construction industry forms of contract
* Six Sigma Yellow Belt (desirable)
* Support the Programme and project teams in monitoring for breaches of corporate governance
* Manage cost reporting of all allocated projects within the framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value.
* Monitor, manage and report on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to Project Manager and/or Programme Commercial Manager (functional reporting line) and/or Senior Commercial Manager.
* Monitor awareness of all site activities on allocated projects to influence decision making from a commercial perspective. Review contractor delivery: including leading valuation of medium value/medium risk contracts & attending all progress meetings to actively influence contractor’s commercial behaviours, delivery, and activity.
* Manage assessment and valuation of contractor’s applications and processing of payment certification
* Provide pro-active advice and guidance to Project Managers on all change
* Produce of applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, including supporting documentation as appropriate
* Produce appropriate commercial correspondence and contractual notices for issue in accordance with contractual conditions. Commercial records should be retained and archived properly upon close out.
* Undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliation to project close-out as per the project authority, project plan and within agreed timescales. For multi-year framework agreements, agree and reconcile annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
* Provide support to estimating resources, offering guidance and advice on project scale/scope as required.
* Support the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements (including the negotiation of target costs) and fully participates in the associated quantitative risk assessment and value management workshops, as required.
* Check whether both Occupational and Operational risks are inputted into project Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA’s).
Contact us now: 0…1…6…1…8…3…6…7…0…2…6
To apply for this position contact Amy Naden – a m y . n a d e n @ vi t a l . u k . c o m
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals.
Salary: £300 – £400/day
Job Type: Contract
Location: Doncaster, South Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.