On line People are looking to Recruit a Combustion/Gas Engineer for our Major client , to cover Luton area , Company Van and Fuel card will be provided. Monday to Friday 37.5 hours a week , with possible call out on a rota basis.
The key function of the role is to support the client in delivering building services maintenance and repairs across the Given area, to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for visitors, customers, and employees.
Ensue that new or revised practice and policies are implemented within own work areas.
• Deliver Scheduled, Reactive and Remedial maintenance services as directed by the PPM planner (CAFM), helpdesk or Technical Services Supervisor, ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times.
• Duties may include (but not limited to) testing and inspection of Commercial/Industrial Air Conditioning and Refrigeration services, fault finding, minor repairs or installations and maintaining services and equipment within critical environments, Commercial sites – including Hospitals, Clinics and Offices
• You may be required to undertake tasks in disciplines other than your own.
• Ability to assess problems to determine the best course of action, this would include complex technical issues and be able to communicate technical and or complex information to various stakeholders.
• To maintain effective site Fgas records for all premises, ensuring that they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Work with and support the Projects/Construction team and Technical Services Supervisor in identifying, scoping, and delivering minor capital works for premises. Able to plan and organise a number of complex activities and adapt within a changing and challenging work environment.
• Work with and support the Projects/Construction team, the TSM Refrigeration Lead and Technical Supervisor in identifying, scoping, and delivering minor capital works for premises. Able to plan and organise a number of complex activities and adapt within a changing and challenging work environment.
• Able to provide solutions to problems and undertake new installations from design to completion.
• Provide practical training to staff and contractors. e.g. site inductions and emergency procedures.
• Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking works, ensuring compliance with all safety standards and undertake works as per instructions within any relevant permit or work plan.
• Understand the principles of fire risk assessment and relevant precautions within the workplace.
• Record and report any risk, loss, or defect to the Technical Services Supervisor and/or helpdesk as appropriate with a view to making recommendations for corrective action and seeking authority to act.
• Support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent customer service at all times.
• Participate in an emergency call out service as required.
• As directed by the Technical Services Supervisor, to manage, co-ordinate or supervise works with external contractors or colleague teams for tenants and customers as required to complete tasks in line with schedules of work.
• To complete all relevant mandatory and job-related training in line with company requirements.
• Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of building services maintenance as directed by the Technical Services Supervisor or helpdesk.
* C&G Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (6187)
* Qualified to Level 2 NVQ in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
* C&G FGAS and ODS Regulations (2079) (Safe handling of Refrigerants Certificate)
* Formal apprenticeship or craft trained equivalent.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* IPAF / PASMA license.
* Current CSCS Health & Safety Card Holder.
* IOSH Managing Safely
* 18th Edition BS7671
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.