My client is a well-established, successful company supplying a specialised product to a worldwide customer base.
Due to continued growth, they have an opportunity for an experienced CNC Machinist to join the team at their site in South Sheffield working on a weekend night shift
* Setting and operating lathes and machining centres with Fanuc controls to produce components to a high standard
* Working from engineering drawings
* To work to tight tolerances and check your own work
* To work on your own initiative and understand the manufacturing processes
* Maintaining the highest quality of work at all times while working within Health and Safety guidelines
* Have input towards continuous improvement, process and tooling
* Keeping work area clean and tidy
* Using overhead crane/slings
* Experience setting and operating CNC Milling or CNC Turning
* Ability to edit existing programmes
* Experience of Fanuc controls is an advantage
* Apprentice trained or equivalent in CNC / Mechanical Engineering preferred
* Able to work within quality and health and safety guidelines
* Able to work on your own initiative
* Conscientious and proactive attitude
Candidates should be willing to work overtime to meet the needs of the business
During the 12 week probationary period, this role will involve working 7.30am to 4pm Monday to Friday with a pay rate of £11.93 per hour. Once the probationary period is complete, the role will be 6pm to 6am Friday to Sunday with a pay rate of £17.50-£18.50 per hour.
Salary: £30000 – £33000/annum + overtime
Job Type: Permanent
Location: S18, Dronfield, Derbyshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.