One of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world employing over 6,000 people globally with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
Part of a group of companies and established for over 100years specialising engineering design, manufacture, test and maintenance of aerospace and defence aircrafts and vehicles for both the Military and Commercial markets.
An exciting opportunity is available within the Advanced Composites business based at the North Yorkshire site for a CNC 5xis Programmer Setter Operator.
The main purpose of the role is to programme, set and operate the CNC 5 Axis machine and other equipment to support the company in delivering high quality composite products to our customers. In order to maximise the efficiency of the equipment the position will involve some shift working.
* Operation/setting of CNC and manual machine tools
* Creation and verification of programmes using CAD/CAM software
* Machining of composite/metallic components to a high standard
* Carry out planned maintenance of machinery in accordance with maintenance schedules
* Tooling Modifications and repairs as detailed within manufacturing job cards and verbal instructions
* To ensure all work is carried out safely and in line with local risk assessments and current health and safety legislation
Skills & Experience:
* Significant experience using CNC machines and manual machine tools
* Knowledge of Fanuc control systems and Catia programming
* NVQ level 3 or equivalent or time-served apprentice
* Good communication skills
* Demonstrate high standards of quality at work
* Ability to plan own workload and prioritise
* Flexible approach to work.
* Experience of machining composite materials would be beneficial
Job Type: Permanent
Location: YO62, Welburn, North Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.