Head Technical Manager, Clinical Services Laboratory
Salary £35k – £45k
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Technical Manager, to be responsible for the technical processes within the delivery of clinical laboratory services to the genomic healthcare sector.
You will assume responsibility for the implementation and delivery of all aspects of the technical services within a new clinical services laboratory, including space, equipment, IT and infrastructure, and supporting the development of existing and emerging technology.
* Significant managerial/supervisory experience, personnel and training duties over technical staff and responsibility for the quality, accuracy and interpretation of technical work, in collaboration with the Clinical Laboratory Director.
* Senior laboratory technician with a laboratory management background.
* Knowledge of molecular biology ideally gained through higher education, with a BSc, MSc or PhD in genetics, biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
* Significant experience in several molecular techniques including, but not limited to, DNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, Next Generation Sequencing library preparation/sequencing (essential).
* It is desirable that you will have operated in a regulated environment, ideally ISO 15189.
In addition, you will be expected to make an appropriate contribution to clinical work, performing as a trained and experienced laboratory technician undertaking a reasonably broad and demanding range of analytical and technical work activities with a high degree of individual skill and judgement under minimal supervision. Much of the work will involve genetic techniques using specialist equipment and analysis systems and the skilled use of precision tools for the routine processing of a range of pathological materials. At all times, you will be expected to implement and maintain a high standard for health, safety and risk management procedures and work to recognised UKAS standards.
Salary: £35000 – £45000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: B15, Selly Park, City and Borough of Birmingham
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.