If you are an experienced Children Support worker looking for an exciting new opportunity with the chance to make a real difference in the community then look no further.
Concept care solutions are currently looking for experienced Children support workers in the Hertfordshire area, we are offering full time and part time hours.
This is permanent role offering between 20 and 40 hours on a weekly basis. As a Children support worker you will be supporting our clients who have a range of complex needs and disabilities.
Children support workers will also encourage and support the clients with day-to-day activities within the community and will also be helping them with expressing themselves and living independently.
Our Clients are children aged 4 – 18 with various levels of Autism, SEN, Learning disabilities as well as physical disabilities.
Being a driver with access to your own car is essential !
Main duties and responsibilities as a Children support worker
* Enable service users to achieve independence as far as possible in all areas of their life by providing appropriate information, opportunity, training, and support.
* Empathy, caring and sensitivity to the needs of others.
* To provide flexible and supportive services to maximise service user’s independence.
* Promoting positive attitudes in regards to race, gender, sexuality and disability, age, religion and cultural beliefs
* Light cleaning tasks such as changing beds, tidying rooms, laundry (washing & repairing),
* Personal care/ bathing, washing and toileting.
* What we are looking for in a support worker
* Great communication skills
* Ability to work in partnership with Services user’s, colleagues, support services, families and stakeholders
* A good understanding of accountability, confidentiality, and professional boundaries
* Resilience to cope with challenging behaviour and circumstances
What we offer:
* Free uniform
* Free DBS
* Weekly pay
* Continuous training and ongoing personal development
* Flexible shifts / Morning and evening shifts
* Refer a friend scheme
Salary: £12 – £13/hour
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.