You will join a large fintech payments company based in Galway city and work within the business-critical Payments Services R&D team. The company operates in over 64 markets across the world providing a range of services to over 400,000 merchants and 100 banks. The Galway R&D operation has grown substantially over the last 2 years and the market they operate in continues to show consistent growth. There are ambitious plans to double the business over the next three years so you will have ample opportunity to grow and develop your own career
As the successful C++ software engineer you will put your creative skills to use in building, certifying and operating complex payment systems. These systems will enable a fleet of payment terminals to process transactions around the globe via the organisation’s infrastructure. Your problem-solving abilities will be put to good use as you’ll work on an iterative model where specifications are constantly adding additional functionality or efficiency to the systems.
Day to day will involve:
* Design, build and maintain an efficient and reliable C++ codebase
* Work closely with other engineers to develop new products.
* Work on extensions of existing products.
* Suggest and implement improvements in current products.
* Plan, design, develop, manage, document, test, deploy, and support new and existing modules.
* Research and development with algorithm complexities.
* Development of the next-generation software.
* Basic Database use – indexes, queries.
What we would love to see:
* 10+ years of experience in C++ development for a senior role
* Very good OOP knowledge
* Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
* Professional experience in the software development lifecycle, Agile, Waterfall
* Experience with Windows and LINUX
* Good understanding of TCP/IP protocols
* The ability to coordinate with other developers for cross-functional requirements implementation and tests
* Experience with development toolchain and IDEs (Visual Studio, MS TFS, SQL, Jira), embedded development
* Fintech experience and Android development is a big advantage but not essential
The company have an efficient and streamlined process for recruitment so if you think this role is what you are looking for then apply now for quick consideration.
Salary: £60000 – £70000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Galway, County Galway
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.ie.