Business Need / Purpose of Role
We are hiring for a Category buyer to join our clients procurement team due to the increased volume of work within the department.
The Category Buyer is responsible for procurement of direct materials. You are expected to develop and implement strategic category plans to align the procurement function with the regional business strategy and improve on key business requirements including Regulatory, Assurance of Supply, Quality, Service and Innovation.
• Create and implement category sourcing strategies.
• Managing the commercial aspects of sourcing, including market analysis, spend analysis, tendering, negotiation, contract negotiation and management.
• Ensure supplier contracts are periodically renewed (every 2 years).
• Source and evaluate new products and suppliers to promote supply chain improvements.
• Undertake supplier performance reviews, supplier scorecards and develop and implement performance improvement plans to improve Cost, Quality, Delivery and Continuous improvement.
• Complete supplier audits at their facility.
• Drive cost reduction through negotiation, benchmarking and VAVE activity against agreed targets.
Support and engage with cross functional supply chain projects.
Develop stocking and sourcing strategies with suppliers to reduce working capital.
Profile categories seeking to aggregate transactions through supply strategy and rationalise the supply base.
Take responsibility of supplier quality, seeking to improve and maintain high standards.
Facilitate the NCR process and report KPI’s
• Purchasing master data maintenance including setting up source and pricing for new parts and ensuring the correct lead times are held in the system.
• Resolve invoice queries with suppliers and seek to minimise their occurrence.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Demonstrable track record in procurement.
Knowledge of relevant global supply markets.
Familiar with manufacturing processes and regulatory requirements.
Ability to understand drawings and technical specification at the level required to source within the assigned product category.
Excellent analytical skill.
Excellent SAP (or similar MRP system) skill.
Ability to obtain appropriate market intelligence, analyse and provide concise updates
to key stakeholders.
Excellent communication skills and experience working in cross functional teams.
• CIPS Preferred, completed or working towards.
Salary is negotiable.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Todmorden, Calderdale
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.