My client is a security company located in Birmingham city centre offering complete security solutions to clients from a wide range of industry sectors. They hold SIA Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) status for the provision of Security Guarding, Alarm Response, Door Supervision, Close Protection and Key Holding. Their services include building and construction site security, concierge/corporate security, event security, key holding and alarm response, mobile security patrols, retail and warehouse security and void and vacant property security. The client also has sister companies operating in the cleaning and training sectors.
The client is now looking for a Business Development Manager to target manned security contracts to grow their portfolio of clients in the West Midlands area mainly (they also have the ability to service contracts in the London area). This is a new role and targets/commission will be set in conjunction with the successful candidate. They are looking for results and are happy for an experienced BDM to come in and get on with it rather than them tell the successful applicant how to do it. Systems and templates are currently in situ but the client would welcome input from the role holder to improve them.
* Proven success and experience in the manned security industry
* Possess an excellent knowledge of the entire sales cycle from initial lead finding through to tendering and closing the sale
* Excellent client engagement, persuasion and communication skills
* Be a constant & effective target achiever and closer
* Operational. Technical and innovative mind to provide real customer solutions
* Up to date with the industry, latest trends and best practices
* PC literate
* Quality presenter (to support bids)
* Commercial astuteness
* Hardworking, confident, disciplined, adaptable, passionate, determined and pragmatic with sound judgement and decision making with a ‘hands on’, problem solving approach
* Possess a smart and professional appearance
* Strong organisation, planning and time management skills with high attention to detail and an ability to plan and prioritise to meet timescales and deadlines
* Reside within a reasonable commute of Birmingham City Centre, although in reality you will work from home as you will be out selling!
* Write, prepare and support quality quotations and tender submissions
Salary £30k, commission, car allowance, laptop, mobile, pension scheme and 20 days holidays.
All vacancies advertised are based in the UK. It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in the UK and we will therefore only consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the EU. We do try to reply to each application personally, however as you can appreciate we receive a high number of applications for each role we handle and it is not always possible to do this. Therefore if we do not contact you within seven days your application for this particular role has not been successful. However we have retained your CV and we will advise you of future roles that may be of interest. Fairford Associates operates as a specialist Employment Agency for the wider security industry introducing work-seekers to client employers for direct employment by those employers.
Salary: £30000/annum Commission, Car Allowance
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.