Role: Business Development Manager
Location: London & South East
Business Development Manager required to join a leading UKAS Accredited Consultancy covering London and the South East.
You will be joining the Commercial Team of the leading national provider of trusted risk management services.
Managing a key strategic area on behalf of the New Business Growth Team, you will be responsible for the London and South East Area. Working with the Area Director, Head of Business Development and the Commercial Team, you will design and build the New Business strategy within your area to achieve growth targets.
This is a role for a strong, confident and successful salesperson looking for the next step in their career in an environment where you can truly make the role your own and develop your career. With a Business Development Executive to support your daily duties, you will also be responsible for mentoring and supporting the area BDE develop within the Growth Team.
As the Area BDM you will create New Business Opportunities for the company and New Service Opportunities with Existing Clients in line with client and sector targets. You will also work closely with both Marketing and Bids teams to secure new business opportunities and further develop exposure within your area.
* To achieve your annual and half-year New Business Sales targets assigned to the role
* Plan, prioritise, and perform personal sales behaviours and activities to identify and proactively pursue target markets, target clients, and target services mix at a level at least in line with the company’s strategic growth objectives
* Plan and manage the generation of new referrals and introductions to new prospects from all existing accounts, collaborating with the Account Management Team, ensuring efficient handover to others in the area when the work involves existing clients
* Lead generation and qualification to identify decision-makers within target new business clients. Identify their need for our service and their compatibility with the company
* Prospecting, networking and attending events for your target area, including tracking of any new business won from such an event
* Preparation of offers, ensuring that the technical requirements of contracts are adequately reviewed and subsequently fulfilled
* Closing, ensuring that works ordered by clients are operationally mobilised and ensuring that orders are in place and credit checked before any works start on site
* Provide mentorship to the Business Development Executive within your area, ensuring KPIs, targets and reporting is reviewed on a daily and weekly basis
* Providing the Head of Business Development with a report on the performance of your team weekly, any deficiencies are to be highlighted and a plan provided of how these are to be corrected immediately.
* Any other reasonable duties requested by the Leadership team, with the overall aim of providing the best service at all times to clients and other personnel
More about You!
A dynamic communicator, you will be decisive and adaptable with a strong work ethic, keeping the interest of the company at heart. You will be strategic in your sales approach, using your initiative and think on your feet with any unexpected situations. A proactive individual who is ready to take their abilities to the next level. The skies the limit in this role so you must be willing to push yourself and drive your Area to the next level of success.
You will be the height of professionalism at all times, with excellent organisational skills and a very high attention to detail. Compliance will be a second language to you, you should understand the need to follow the companies procedures at all times, calculating the risk involved in potential opportunities and mitigating such risk where possible.
As a minimum, you must possess the following:
* Knowledge of the UK asbestos management/risk management market
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Previous experience within the business development/sales sector
* Must have previous sales experience within target market in your area
* Must live within close proximity to the area of the required sales activities
* In house or external training to a standard assigned by the Head of Business
* Familiarity with contractual agreements, client management and the process of
* Selling services to a client
* Relevant asbestos-related qualifications are preferred
Benefits of Working for this company:
* Base salary of £40,000 – £50,000
* Competitive commission scheme
* Company matched pension scheme
* Bonus scheme
* Health cashback scheme
* 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
* Industry leading training opportunities and encouragement to learn on the job and gain further qualifications
* Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance
* Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, as well as a peer-to-peer recognition platform and spot financial awards
For more information, apply direct or contact Lucy at Morgan King on (phone number removed).
Salary: £40000 – £50000/annum Commission + Bonus
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.