Business Development Engineer
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Functional Area: Marketing, Sales, Product Management
Responsible for sales of complex drive applications and solutions with a focus on UK markets where our client can deliver differentiation and value. Proactive in the pursuit of new business and customer relationships. Management of key accounts.
* Customer facing role, Supports the application of drive systems and solutions in Industrial and Marine Markets for integrating switchgear, transformers, Variable Speed Drives, Motors and Automation Control technologies.
* Determining the most technically appropriate solution based upon technology and commercial aspects.
* Produce drive system equipment and component specifications for our client and 3rd party suppliers to quote against.
* Produce technical presentation material and sales supporting documentation.
* Support customer visits for equipment audit and technical sales meetings.
* Assist with technical and commercial offers documents based on customer specification requirements and solution agreed with the engineering team.
* Determine and agree the delivery timescales based upon equipment / component deliveries, engineering, manufacturing, test and resource needs and availability.
* Assist with providing supporting documentation such as project plans, solution overview diagrams and equipment user manuals.
* Assist with defining the cost for the proposed solution and produce a cost sheet to accurately capture material, labour and other project related costs.
* Participate in bid and risk reviews to ensure compliant approved bids are provided for your clients.
* Interacts with customers, contractors, and other stakeholders. Provides technical guidance on design related queries and ensures customer’s technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with suppliers (will have the full technical backing of the engineering team).
* Assists with collaboration with the supply chain function to establish relationships and package solutions.
* Evaluates suppliers’ proposals and ensures that they meet with the requirements.
* Manages the opportunities through the pipeline / sales lifecycle in SFDC. Actively chases pursuits through to customer order placement.
* Develops and/or recommends improvements to processes and tools.
Formal Qualification in electrical/electronic engineering to HNC, HND or Degree level.
Experience related to and including; Variable speed drives, variable frequency drives. High frequency drives.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Coalville, Leicestershire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.