RPS is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Business Administrator to support the Midlands & the North Planning Team, based in Birmingham. The team is one of several planning teams across the UK, focusing on town planning, all types of development within the inner city and on brownfield and greenfield sites, assisting clients navigate the planning system. RPS is a global multi-disciplinary consultancy. We specialise in all areas of the built and natural environment, shaping the future of our environmental, social and economic landscapes.
You will be working on a variety of tasks and be a key support to our professional and friendly team based at the office in Birmingham as well as our remote team members based at the Leeds and Manchester offices.
* Oversee day to day operational management and administration of the team
* Input and assist with the Team’s accounts system including the Team’s accounts/budget, create, send and follow-up on invoices, and collect and enter data for various spreadsheets
* Act as team’s point of contact with other department’s to ensure company wide initiatives are communicated to the team and implemented effectively.
* Set up internal and external meetings for the Director’s and Associates, proof reading reports, collate information for bids, tenders, and assist with document preparation including editing, formatting, collating, copying and binding technical reports and other documents for the wider team
* Carry out general admin duties for the wider team including filing, post, report typing, setting up projects and fee spreadsheets, processing weekly timesheets/expenses forms, and setting up meetings for example
* Handle client enquiries by telephone and email
* Manage all purchases, car hire, travel arrangements, accommodation and mileage sheets
* Coordinate training event and assisting with staff training management, and keep staff training records up to date
* Manage stationary orders, post and courier collections and deliveries
Your skills and experience
You will be a motivated, organised and hardworking individual and be able to manage your own workload, willing to learn new skills. Previous experience of working in a similar type of role is essential. You’ll be flexible in your approach and willing to suggest improvements and new ideas to support the administrative processes in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
You’ll need to have:
* Good administration and keyboard skills
* Working knowledge of business accounts and financial management
* Strong all-round IT skills with a good working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word; and an understanding of ACCESS
* Ability to multi-task and prioritise work
* Flexible and organised approach, with a strong attention to detail
* Organised and self-motivated
* Good communication skills (verbal and written) and an excellent telephone manner and be confident on the telephone
What we offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. Via our robust career development framework, we are proud to be able to support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects across the UK.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme (including numerous wellbeing initiatives and mental health support), Dental Cover, Gadget Insurance Professional Memberships and access to BenefitHub offering discounts, cash back offers and rewards
RPS is a leading global professional services firm with over 5,000 people. Our company is flexible, friendly, and creative. We strive to be different from our competitors by being passionate about delivering results. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.