Daytime Healthcare are recruiting for an enthusiastic and flexible radiographer to join a team of staff in the Imaging Department of a private hospital in St Johns Wood, London.
This is a Permanant full time position, working 37/5 hours per week, covering a flexible shift pattern.
You will perform a range of diagnostic radiographic procedures – general x-ray, theatres, fluoroscopy, DSA and Interventional Radiology – as required throughout the Hospital, contributing to the delivery of an effective, efficient and responsive Imaging service.
If successful the new Radiographer with also participate in the safety and governance of the Department in areas including Risk Management, Medicines Management, Health and Safety, research and audit activities.
Responsibilities as a Band 5 Radiographer:
* Act as a point of advice for imaging referrers
* Act as a point of advice for patient enquiries regarding their referral
* Act as a patient advocate in Radiation protection issues
* Operate advanced software on specialised Radiological equipment e.g. image reformatting and dynamic imaging
* Participate in the organisation, co-ordination and prioritisation of the flow of work within the department, ensuring the delivery of an efficient and effective diagnostic imaging service
* Ensure that a high standard of patient care and high professional standards are maintained throughout the Imaging department
* Liaise with referral source and Consultant Radiologist where clarification is required regarding selection of the most clinically appropriate imaging examination
* Review images and in liaison with Radiologists ensure that supplementary imaging procedures are considered prior to patient departure from the Department
* Ensure that images are presented for reporting purposes in a timely and accurate manner
* Ensure that urgent findings are communicated to the appropriate person and patients are directed accordingly
* Be familiar with the range of technical applications available on Imaging Equipment
* Maintain accurate patient records by input of accurate information to reflect the service provided and meet professional standards
* Work as part of a team to ensure effective communication and delivery of care
* Liaise with other departments/wards within the hospital and various external sources in order to provide a high quality service to patients and clinicians.
* Participate in the delivery of an out of hours service, providing a stand/by and on call service to patients requiring urgent imaging due to acute trauma or illness
* Perform non-radiographic tasks intrinsic to the day to day running of the department, for example:
* making appointments
* answering telephones and responding to enquiries
* patient registration and accounting tasks
* chaperone duties for ultrasound where required
* Diagnostic Diploma or Degree in Radiography
* HPC Registration
* Evidence of CPD
* Evidence of clinical experience as a Radiographer/ Radiographer Student
* Competence across a range of radiographic skills supported by professional knowledge acquired through degree (BSc Hons or equivalent Diploma)
* Knowledge Current Radiation Protection regulations
* Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
* Able to work under pressure
* Able to work weekends/ on-call as required
If you are a band 5 Radiographer looking for a challenge and a chance to train and progress in your career then apply today to secure a quick interview!
Salary: £28500 – £29900/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: St John’s Wood, Greater London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.