We are looking for an experienced Band 8A occupational therapist who has experience of working within social care and that can lead and develop the occupational therapy service. This role is based in London.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 37.5 per week
List key responsibilities:
1. To prioritising own day to day workload.
2. To act as a team lead and support and lead the Thrive quadrant 2 service provision
3. To undertake robust clinical risk assessments for all new children and young people
newly presenting to the service
4. To signpost families to emotional support provided by partner agencies as appropriate
5. To ensure that the RTT targets are actively managed and any breaches reported
6. To offer support and clinical advice and guidance to more junior staff
7. To undertake assessments of children and their family’s mental health and wellbeing
needs. This will include telephone consultation and face to face meetings.
8. To offer brief intervention/ advice and guidance to children and their families as
9. To ensure all children are assessed in a timely manner in line with local and national
10.To ensure that care and assessments are adequate planned and documented on the
electronic medical notes system. Including care plans and risk assessments.
11. To offer signposting/ support and guidance to other staff members and services as
12.To have organisational knowledge relating to Trust protocols and procedures and adhere
13.To ensure the provision of accurate records of information required by the Trust for audit
14.To ensure that any safeguarding issues are identified and effectively escalated to ensure
the safeguard of children and their families. 4
15.To work collaboratively with other NELFT teams and staff as well as the local authority
and other providers to ensure comprehensive and robust assessment of children and
young people and their family’s needs.
This is a rewarding locum role in which you will work with a dynamic team of occupational therapists, and varied patient group.
For further information please send your CV via the link below or contact the JustOT team directly on (phone number removed) or via email (url removed) – Refer a friend for this job and earn £200 cash!
Salary: £28 – £32/hour benefits
Job Type: Temporary
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.