AutoCAD Draughtsman – Steel Portal Frame
Location – Cheshire
Salary – Negotiable Depending on Experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for one of our clients who have a strong family heritage, they understand the farming industry inside out and have been supplying British-made, steel frame buildings to the Agricultural, Industrial and Equestrian industries. Their team of talented and professional individuals have helped build a reputable business from the ground up, based on our expertise, quality and superb customer satisfaction and service. They specialize in designing, manufacturing, and supplying a wide range of agricultural, industrial, and equestrian steel frame portal buildings.
Due to expansion, they are now looking for an experienced draughtsman with steel frame portal frame or structural steel experience. Draughtsman must have experience in industry and able to use AutoCAD confidently. Tekla or another steelwork 3D package would be a bonus.
Responsibility & Duties
* Production of foundation and planning drawings.
* Production of full working drawings for building fabrication and erection.
* Production of accurate order lists for each building.
* Negotiation of all purchasing costs with suppliers and completion of regular pricing reviews (on a job-by-job basis).
* Interpretation of customer quotes/briefs and initial conversations with customers to understand and clarify their design requirements.
* Scheduling and completing site visits as required by Drawing team.
* Provision of technical advice and assistance to customers and colleagues.
* Proofing of colleagues work to ensure that detailed drawings are completed accurately in order to prevent issues occurring on site and additional expenses being incurred or issues caused that may impact on our reputation.
* Request and provide appropriate information to obtain structural calculations and SER certification.
* Liaise with and respond to questions from the Fabrication teams.
* Positively promote the Graham Heath Group Ltd brand at all opportunities
* Ensure that all health and safety policies are adhered to at all times
Experience & Qualification
* A good knowledge of steel portal framed building and associated materials.
* Structural steelwork detailing knowledge ideal.
* Cladding or detailing of agricultural buildings knowledge ideal
* Strong visual awareness and attention to detail
* AutoCAD experience essential
* Tekla, Advanced Steel or StruCAD or 3D package experience massive bonus.
* Portfolio or drawing work examples bonus.
Should this be of interest to you please get in contact and send your most up to date cv to my email address below as soon as possible.
M – (phone number removed)
Linkdin – priteshtailordesign
Job Type: Permanent
Location: CW5, Wrenbury, Cheshire East
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.