I am currently recruiting for a Top 100 firm based in Leeds who are seeking an Audit Senior to join their team.
This will be a very hands-on role requiring you to work under your own initiative working primarily on year-end accounts and audit work for a varied portfolio of clients including charities and solicitor clients.
They are looking for someone with 3/4 years audit supervision experience in Practice, with some experience of charity/academy audits (desirable but not essential). In return, you can work for a firm that has been awarded Sunday Times Top 100 Best Company to work for two years running.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Carrying out audits of companies, charities, academies and LLPs from budgets/planning through to finalisation
* Preparation of statutory accounts from trial balance
* Supervision and development of trainees
* Preparation of corporate/business tax computations
* Attendance at client’s premises
* Client liaison including dealing with queries and resolving issues on site
* Management of smaller jobs reporting straight to partner
* Support the office in business development activities, including researching and targeting new clients
* Support the office in ad hoc strategic projects
* Opportunities to carry out project-based work with other departments around the firm; e.g., Forensics and Corporate Finance
* Carrying out internal audit work in not-for-profit organisations
* Awareness of statutory requirements and submission to Companies House
* 3 to 4 years’ audit experience in Practice (depending on level)
* Some experience of charity/academy audits is desirable but not essential
* Experience of audit supervision and planning, including completion of files for manager or partner review
* Good IT skills, including experience of using different audit packages or systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Confident communicator, able to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels
* Strong leadership skills
* Ambition and determination to contribute more broadly, including business development
* Accurate, methodical and organised
* Smart and personable
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, then please apply with your CV or contact Ben Bennett at Objective HR.
Salary: £35000 – £45000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.