Are you ready for a new challenge and like the opportunity to work as an Assistant Manager, at a service for adults with learning disabilities?
If you have a person centred approach and supervisory experience at a service for adults with learning disabilities, this could be the next career step for you!
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Manager, to support the Service Manager, in managing a supported living service based in the Knaresborough region for adults with learning disabilities.
The Assistant Manager role could be a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Support Worker, who is ready to move on to the next stage of their career to Assistant Manager.
Or you could already be an Assistant Manager, who would like to work for a more person centred, charity organisation.
The service supports individuals with learning disabilities to be as independent as possible, this includes accessing the community and carrying out the many social activities that customers enjoy. Including day trips to the coast, social events and regular outings to restaurants and bars. sport, leisure and music events.
The higher salary range includes some sleep overs.
Assistant Manager role
* As an Assistant Manager, you will be required to manage Support Workers, provide direct staff supervisions and support plans.
* Work towards exceeding CQC regulations.
* Motivate a team of Support Workers and delgate individual activities• Promote appropriate activities / approaches
* Manage the service in the absence of the Service Manager
* Be able to form professional positive relationships with customers to support them to continue to live full and rewarding lives.
It is important that the Assistant Manager :
* Promotes the rights of service users
* Establishes appropriate links with educational / training / employment providers
* To help customers to represent their own interest and rights
* Recognising and responding to abuse and neglect
• NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care
Supervisory experience in a relevant care setting within the past 5 years
My client is a charity that provides person centred care to adults with learning disabilities. It is an excellent time to join this highly professional organisation and to ensure the highest standards of support is provided to vulnerable adults.
In addition to competitive pay rate and commitment to provide excellent training, my client also provide a supportive working environment, career progression, an annual leave entitlement above the statutory minimum, access to an employee support line which includes face to face counselling on a variety of subjects, child care vouchers and a cycle to work scheme, as well as an enhanced auto enrolment contribution in the pension scheme
Salary: £20600 – £23500/annum Pension, HealthCare
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.