Global Business in the Marketing World
Head office Manchester in a growing business
Large accounts team with Mentors and clear training structure.
JOB PURPOSEThe role will suit an individual with an interest in a career in finance and who wishes to pursue an accountancy qualification. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, be deadline focused and with an aptitude for process improvement and simplification. Candidates who have started their studies for an accounting qualification (e.g. AAT / ACCA / ACA / CIMA) and wish to continue will be considered for this position.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
* Month end accounting for the business including preparing journals
* Data processing e.g. raising invoices or performing daily bank reconciliations
* SOX compliance
* Participation in ad-hoc projects driven by wider group restructuring and transition of accounting from intercompany to joint new systems
* Knowledge transfer / reshore activities:
* Improve processes, driving simplification and automation of intercompany accounting
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
* Strong excel skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Experience of delivering to deadlines
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Assurance mindset – the ability to review accurately, but also to identify risks in processes and reconciliations and articulate/resolve/mitigate these as part of the monthly accounting cycle
* Communicator – to provide clear and meaningful interpretation of analysis conducted. To be able to lead and control meetings with senior stakeholders
* Stakeholdering – to be able to understand finance and operational stakeholder’s needs and requirements in order to provide excellent customer service. To understand the correct balance between challenge and support of these stakeholders in order to raise both the profile and external perception of the team
* Collaboration – working across internal and external teams in multiple locations to deliver improvements and best practice within the team
* Self- motivated – Well-organised, adaptable and resilient. Responds to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace. Ability to work under pressure
* Solution driven – creative thinker, open to change and different ways of doing things
* Develops great relationships, is straight up and fair, always credible, accessible and approachable. Is mindful of the commercial aspects and impacts on people
* Always tries to delightfully surprise and exceed expectations, capable self starter & proactive, stand by decisions and actions, commit to things that are delivered
* Always look for ways to improve the service or experience given, is insatiably curious and works creatively to challenge the status quo and make decisions
* Through heartfelt service puts people first, shows energy and enthusiasm in their job commitment to working in a smart, collaborative & efficient way to deliver business value.
* Create a smart disruption by challenging the way things are done, having a critical eye, learning from activities and being prepared to try new ways of doing things. Ability to adopt a consultative approach with our partners
Salary: £28000 – £33000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: M40, Newton Heath, Manchester
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.