Assistant Estimator £40 000 – £65 000
My client a family owned main contractor with a turnover of £10m are looking to expand their estimating department and bring on an Assistant Estimator to work closely with a Senior Estimator projects up to £5m. Working across new build and refurbishments jobs which will be either commercial, education and retail jobs.
To assist in the procurement of new projects by developing project budgets, production of BOQ’s, cost plans, assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Design-Build and Construction/Project Management formatted projects for use in accurate tender submissions and client presentations, by gathering as much information as they can to make well informed projections and analyzing risk and opportunities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Analysing specifications, plans and related technical data to determine time, cost and labour requirements for tender submissions.
* Provide detailed budget estimates and hard dollar tenders by analyzing specifications, programmes, plans, reports and projecting costs based on these to deliver accurate & responsible submissions.
* Liaise with and coordinating various stakeholders such as project team members, clients, consultants, trade contractors and senior management to ensure the required tender deliverables are met and form a more accurate estimate.
* Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price to ensure quotes meet contract.
* Presenting tender budgets and identifying areas of risk and/or opportunity to senior management to assist with commercial decision making.
* Maintaining cost databases, based off actual costs, estimating unit rates, supplier & subcontractor rates, for use in cost planning & project benchmarking.
* Preparation of tender document packages for subcontractors & suppliers to assist with the development of specific trade quotations.
* Handover of project budgets to delivery teams post contract award to brief teams on project scope of works, specific client, potential risks and/or opportunity & key subcontractors & suppliers involved in the tender process
* Bachelor Degree of Construction economics & Management, Quantity Surveying, or similar.
* Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
* Previous experience estimating projects into the £5 million range.
Salary: £40000 – £65000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Kingston upon Thames, Greater London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.