Belmont Recruitment currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Assessment Officer to join Cheshire West & Chester Council’s Adult Social Care & Benefits Team on an initial 3 month temporary assignment. This is a full time position, working 37 hours per week (Monday – Friday).
As an Assessments Officer, you will be required to complete accurate and timely assessments for Adult Social Care and Benefits customers in accordance with legislation, policies, case law, and the Council procedures. This will involve dealing with customer enquiries over the telephone, in person or via email.
This role is focussed on the Social Care side of Assessments & Charges, however other duties will include:
* Completing Social Care financial assessments according to established procedures
* Undertake work allocated on the assessment of all types of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reducation Scheme and Free School Meal applications
* Obtaining and verifying service users’ personal informaton about disability related expenditure and making further financial assessments of ability to pay towards the care services provided
* Maintaining customer’s records accurately via the Council’s online computer systems, complying with Date Protection
* Liaising with Social Care Teams in regards to individual service users
* Identifying and referring cases of financial mismanagement to the appropriate Social Care Teams
* Excellent knoweldge of benefits and client finance related assessments
* Experience of assessing benefit applications and Adult Social Care Charges
* Experience in communicating effectively with vulnerable people
* Excellent communication and IT skills
Please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible if this position would be of interest!
Job Type: Contract, Temporary
Location: CH65, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire West and Chester
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.