When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Are you looking for an apprentice opportunity and have a passion for technology? Do you strive for a long-term career which offers training and development within a successful and award-winning technology company? Yes, we’d love to hear from you!
You will be part of our award-winning business, which has recently been presented with two Queens Award’s one for Enterprise Innovation and another for International Trade. What does the apprenticeship involve? You will follow a 24-month Level 4 Apprentice Software Developer programme which will be based on site at our Head Office in Eastwood, Nottingham. The apprenticeship programme will involve on the job as well as class room training. In addition to the standard curriculum, you will also be provided with industry standard training, the tools and techniques to succeed as well as mentoring from your peers.
What are we looking for?
* Passionate individuals who are excited about becoming a developer
* People dedicated to their learning and development
* You’ll want to forge a long-standing career with Microlise
* Someone who already loves developing code in their own time
* Maths and English – GCSE Graded C and above (Grade 4 – 9)
* A Level or equivalent in either Computing or any Numerate Subject
* A good understanding of Software and IT in general
What’s in it for you?
* Training in 30+ languages and frameworks including C#, .Net Core Microservices and Microsoft SQL Server
* Training in patterns, principles and best practices of software development craftmanship
* Training in best practice software development processes and techniques such as Lean, Extreme Programming and Agile
* Visits to our Customer sites to experience how users are using our products
* Permanent job as an Entry Level Developer upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
* Join our career ladder for a long-term career with Microlise
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Our solutions deliver value to many of the UK’s leading grocery retailers and food logistics providers as well as to household names including JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail.
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been privately-owned for thirty years. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
* Full support and training to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in your role
* We believe in our culture, values and staff successes, take a look around our careers page to see why our employees love Microlise
* 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays
* Vitality Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and subsidised eye tests and glasses
* Free Costco membership
* 20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
* Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards!
What does the recruitment process look like?
If successful, and to ensure we are adhering to government guidelines, we will be inviting candidates to an online assessment centre on Wednesday 14th July, to carry out a number of short group tasks. This will also give you the opportunity to meet with members of the Microlise Development Team and our current Apprentices, who were in exactly the same place as you last year, as well as learning more about us as a business and of course, more about the world of Software Engineering.
Full details will be provided at a later date for those who are selected. We will be busy shortlisting all of your applications throughout June, so don’t delay in getting your application in!
Job Type: Permanent
Location: NG16, Langley Mill, Derbyshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.