We have exciting new opportunities for Analysts (Signal Processing/Acoustics/Sonar) – Senior / Principal) seeking a new challenge.
Our Analysts are involved throughout the project lifecycle from conceiving new product ideas and capabilities to gaining customer approval of delivered solutions and insertion of capability enhancement to in service solutions.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and work on many exciting programmes pushing the boundaries of ASW capabilities from the R&D stages through to deployment. You will have the opportunity to develop your engineering skills across the whole lifecycle in the underwater warfare and maritime domains.
* Developing sonar/acoustics processing algorithms based on the application of established digital signal processing approaches
* Selecting appropriate algorithmic techniques based upon performance requirements developed with the system design team from the customer specification
* Developing algorithms with implementation in mind (segmentation/simplification/parallelisation)
* Documenting algorithm specification and design decisions/implications/discussions
* Supporting the implementation, debugging and verification of algorithms in software, including the generation of appropriate test data
Performance Modelling, Design Trade-offs and Product Development
* Modelling algorithm performance under a wide range of realistic underwater conditions
* Modelling sonar/acoustic performance against customer requirements for the inclusion in bid responses
* Quantifying the impact of Sonar System Design decisions to the Sonar System performance, hence guiding cost effective approaches to this decision making process.
* Developing ideas for new approaches to Sonar products to improve their capability individually and collectively embracing new technologies or approaches
Support to Trials
* Analysing Trials data, assessing against system performance requirements
* Reporting on Trails Data analysis drawing clear conclusions on both the success of the trials and the sonar system against its performance requirements
Skills, Qualification and Experience
* Hold a relevant Bachelor’s (higher degree preferred) in Physics, Mathematics (other STEM degrees will be considered if required skillset can be demonstrated);
* Significant commercial experience in one or more of the following areas and its application within the sonar domain (or other similar domains), with exposure to the others:
* Digital Signal Processing Algorithm Definition
* Trials Data Analysis
* Performance Prediction Modelling
* Performance Requirement interpretation and analysis
* Experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to expert and non-expert audiences
* Proficient in the use of mathematic/scientific modelling tools e.g. MATLAB
* Experience of being able to set and meet deadline
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities.
The office has free parking and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
* Flexible working within core working hours
* 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days plus bank holidays.
* 4 times your annual salary in life assurance
* Flexible benefits package (benefits such as, new car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, health screening and more!)
* Pension Scheme
Empowering you to reach your full potential
We trust and empower each other, we love to celebrate success and we win as a team. Together, we embrace change and we’re never satisfied until we’ve done what we said we’d do
Applicants will be required to meet SC clearance
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Weymouth, Dorset
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.