We are actively recruiting for a 2nd Line – IT Support Engineer to support our Exeter based Managed IT services client. This organisation is an innovative user of technology that employs tools and systems at the forefront of the industry, making this an excellent opportunity to enrich your skillset. Our client is one of the fastest growing IT companies in the region and they work hard to deliver customer focused IT support services and IT solutions to businesses in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset and across the UK.
Due to the nature of this role all applicants must be over 21 years of age (due to insurance requirements) and hold a full valid driving licence.
This position is part of a close-knit IT managed services team. You will be responsible for 2nd line technical support and consultancy for a variety of businesses, encompassing the design, deployment and support of new cloud-based products and services, through to general client-server management and network administration.
Acting as an escalation point for the 1st line engineers, the 2nd line team are great trouble-shooters who work to strict SLA’s by prioritising their workload and using their excellent customer service and IT skills to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
In this role you will be able to progress your career to 3rd line over time. Professional IT training will also be made available.
* Complete comprehensive system administration and maintenance tasks onsite at client premises.
* Plan and deliver IT solutions projects for clients.
* Complete in-depth incident/ problem analysis and resolution.
* Escalate incidents when necessary to the 3rd line support team.
* Configuration of network printers, terminals and other devices.
* Effective use of backup and restore solutions.
Required skills and/or experience
* A minimum of 5 years IT Support experience
* Excellent 1st-2nd Line Support Skills
* General network & server administration /troubleshooting
* Windows server, VMware/ Hyper-V, Exchange, AD, GP, DHCP, DNS
* Cloud hosted solutions (Office 365/ Azure). Service and support
* Previous experience of a service and support orientated environment.
Desirable skills and/or experience
* Microsoft Certifications (MCITP, MCSA/ MCSE/ MCP)
* Full lifecycle project experience (i.e. migrations / upgrades / service packs)
* Virtualisation technology
* SharePoint knowledge
* Have a good understanding of various hardware components, for example, Servers, Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage.
If you are looking for a career with an award-winning and rapidly expanding IT company then do not delay and submit your CV today!
If you do not have any contact from us within 7 working days please assume that on this occasion unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful, and we invite you to submit your CV for other roles you feel your skills, qualifications and experience match.
Salary: £21000 – £28000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Exeter, Devon
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.